The Rocky Horror Picture Show: Let's Do the Time Warp Again is a television movie, a reimagining of the original movie, now directed by Kenny Ortega using the original script by Richard O'Brien and Jim Sharman in 1975. This version star Laverne Cox, Victoria Justice, and Ryan McCartan and aired on October 20, 2016 on Fox.
The plans for a remake started back in 2002 with a possible date on 2003 for the 30th anniversary of the original 1973 musical. This remake had former Broadway producer Gail Berman but the production failed. MTV planned a remake for 2008 also with Berman as producer, but this production failed too.
On April 10, 2015, it was announced that a Kenny Ortega remake was on plans. He is better known to be the director of “Hocus Pocus”, the “High School Musical” trilogy and Michael Jackson’s “This Is It”. On October 21, 2015 the Emmy nominee Laverne Cox, better known for her role in “Orange Is the New Black” joined the cast as Dr. Frank-N-Furter. The producer of the original movie back in 1975, Lou Adler, served as co-producer for this new movie along with Gail Berman and Kenny Ortega. The creative team remained faithful to the original script and music but with a new reimagining of the story. Rehearsals started January 19, 2016 and filming took place between March 13 and April 29, 2016.
On May 12, 2016 the first exclusive pictures were shown by Entertainment Weekly. On May 16, 2016 the first trailer aired confirming October as the month of the premiere. On July 21 the movie had a panel at the San Diego Comic-Con where the second trailer was presented along with the first 25 minutes of the movie showing that the fans are part of the movie. That same day it was confirmed that the movie will air October 20, 2016 on Fox.
- Laverne Cox as Dr. Frank-N-Furter
- Victoria Justice as Janet Weiss
- Ryan McCartan as Brad Majors
- Reeve Carney as Riff Raff
- Christina Milian as Magenta
- Annaleigh Ashford as Columbia
- Ben Vereen as Dr. Everett V. Scott
- Staz Nair as Rocky Horror
- Adam Lambert as Eddie
- Tim Curry as The Criminologist
- Ivy Levan as The Usherette
- Transylvanians - Louise Hradsky, Anthony Rogers, Jasmine Renée Thomas, Teya Wild, Justin Lopes
- Casting - Stephanie Gorin y Robert J. Ulrich
- Production desing - Peter Cosco
- Wardrobe - William Ivey Long
- Makeup - Erin Pidgeon, Samantha Terry, and Julia Valente
- Production manager - Mary Pantelidis
- Art department - Kirk Cheney, Jonathan Graham, Robert Shipman, and Jessica Stein
- Sound department - David E. Fluhr
- Special effects - Mark Lawton and Stephen Van Allen
- Camera and electricity department - Dennis Daigle, John Medland, and Michael Swain
- Casting department - Abraham Lim y Alex Newman
- Wardrobe department - Tanya Batanau-Chuiko, Natalie Bronfman, Maria Fermo, Paul Spadone y Bonnie Sutherland
- Editorial department - Stephen Spilker
- Music department - Mark Graham, Sally Stevens, and Joe Zimmerman
- Assistants - Helga Rossi, Truman Alfaro, Jared Burton, Mara Corless, Angela Mastronardi, Jeff Mortensen, Yvonne Powrie, Rob Versluis, Craig Wood