"Shock Treatment: The Musical" is a musical production with book and lyrics by Richard O'Brien and original arrangement by Richard Hartley. Is a theatrical adaptation of the 1981 film "Shock Treatment", movie that is based on the failed project "The Brad and Janet Show", which contains new versions of music from the never-made "Rocky Horror Shows His Heels" script.
The musical is the second theatrical production of O'Brian after "The Rocky Horror Show" from 1973. Unlike the 1981 film which was established as a "parallel" instead of a sequel, the musical is indeed a sequel to Rocky Horror, as this new musical takes place 7 years after the events occurred in Rocky Horror.
Brad and Janet Majors are having problems with their marriage since the events of The Rocky Horror Show. And so Janet has brought them to be the latest guests on Denton’s reality show for troubled couples. As Brad’s increasingly repressed attitudes come to the fore its decided that the only course left is for him to be placed in the hands of the tv station’s doctors for a course of intense shock treatment.
- Julie Artherton - Janet Majors
- Mark Little - Farley Flavors
- Ben Kerr - Brad Majors
- Adam Rhys-Davies - Cosmo McKinley
- Nic Lamont - Nation McKinley
- Rosanna Hyland - Betty Hapschatt
- Mateo Oxley - Ralph Hapschatt
- London, UK - King's Head Theatre
- April 17, 18, 21 - 25, 28 - 30
- May 1, 2, 5 - 9, 19 - 24, 26 - 31
- June 2 - 6